The Southeastern Conference (SEC) is a collegiate athletic conference headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama. It was founded in 1933 and comprised 14 member institutions, all located in the Southern United States. The SEC is considered one of the most competitive and prestigious conferences in college athletics, particularly in football and men’s and women’s basketball.
Some of the most successful SEC teams in history include:
- Alabama Crimson Tide (football) – 27 SEC championships, 16 national championships
- Florida Gators (football and men’s basketball) – 8 SEC championships and 3 national championships in football, 3 SEC championships and 2 national championships in men’s basketball
- Kentucky Wildcats (men’s basketball) – 47 SEC championships and 8 national championships
- LSU Tigers (football) – 14 SEC championships and 3 national championships
- Tennessee Volunteers (football and women’s basketball) – 13 SEC championships and 2 national championships in football, 8 SEC championships and 2 national championships in women’s basketball
- Arkansas Razorbacks (football and men’s track and field) – 11 SEC championships and 1 national championship in football, 17 SEC championships and 2 national championships in men’s track and field
- Auburn Tigers (football and men’s track and field) – 8 SEC championships and 2 national championships in football, 15 SEC championships and 2 national championships in men’s track and field
This is not an exhaustive list, and many other SEC teams have had great success in different sports throughout the conference’s history.
Sports History Group LLC manages the popular and successful websites Sports Logo History, Sports Team History, Sports Market History, and Sports New History. Each site brings incredible value for any hardcore fanatic or fan of their favorite team or teams within their favorite sport.
One of our sites is Sports Logo History, which is a community of sports logo enthusiasts who enjoys the history of each team’s logo. Also Sports Team History takes a look at the history of each and every professional sports team. In addition, we have added Sports News History to our sports history websites. 24/7 non-stop sports news that’s worth knowing. Finally, the premier sports team marketplace for your favorite team’s apparel, gear and gifts for professional and college with hundreds of items for you to peruse at Sports Market History.